The Unitarian Universalist Church of Brevard has provided a home for religious freedom and tolerance, cultural diversity and service within our community for over fifty years. We have programs and activities for all ages.
Our Sunday worship services, held at 11:00 am, reflect the broad scope of our members’ interests, beliefs and commitments. Sermon topics for the current month can be found here: Sermon Topics.
At 10:00 am on Sunday morning, we have an Adult Forum. We alternate among having outside speakers, having members and friends of the congregation leading a discussion, and BYOT (Bring Your Own Topic) discussions. All are welcome to attend.
We are a Welcoming Congregation providing a religious sanctuary to our gay, lesbian, bi-sexual and transgender brothers and sisters.
Our Sunday services conclude with refreshments and casual conversation in the social hall. Guests are always welcome to join in the festivities. Hospitality on the second Sunday is our monthly birthday party and on the third Sunday is our monthly Shared Luncheon.
Other regular events at UUCB include:
- First Friday Lunch: An opportunity to gather at a local restaurant for food and fellowship. Each month is at a different location, so check the Newsletter for details.
- Thursday Men’s Club – Every Thursday at 11:30 a.m. at the church – brown bag lunch and lively conversation
- Yoga and Meditation – 2nd and 3rd Thursdays at 4 pm at the church
- Choir rehearsal - Second and Third Thursdays, 5:00 – 6:15 pm at the church
- “Telling Your Story” Group – second Thursday, 6:30 – 8:00 pm in the Ministers’ Office
- Book Group - third Thursday, 6:30 – 8:00 pm in the Ministers’ Office
In February 2014, UUCB sponsored its Second Annual Conference on Healing Our World and Ourselves. This year it was hosted by the UU Fellowship of Vero Beach, about 35 miles south of us. We hope you will visit the webpage, where we will be posting audio recordings and videos from this exciting event.